The hotel Strengliner Mühle is situated in calm, picturesque surroundings at the edge of the Holsteinische Schweiz (Holsatian Switzerland). Enjoy hospitality in a friendly, personal atmosphere.
“Strengliner Mühle”: over 250 years of history:
- 1614: the Strenglin water mill is first mentioned
- 1745: the leasehold contract between Paul Molt and the head district administrator Landrätin Magdalena Lucia v. Buchwaldt in Pronstorf is signed. In order not to have to rely on waterpower alone, Paul Molt builds a wind mill.
- 1783: The windmill is put into operation.
- 1822: On September 10th the windmill catches fire. Starting on October 1st a new smock mill is being built.
- 1823: the residential building (now the main building) is added on to the water mill.
- 1850/51: During quartering in winter, an Austrian soldier carves six rocks and connects them with chains. They are still being used as a “fence” in front of the main building´s door.
- 1880: The permission for the construction of a bakehouse is granted.
- 1906: Heinrich Molt is granted a new pub license with permission to rent out rooms.
- 1935: Gustav Molt lets the bakery.
- 1937: The wind mill is pulled down.
- 1938: The pub license is extended to “dance events in the barn with add-on tent“.
- 1952: Hans Hinrich and Inge Molt inherit the hotel.
- 1956: Hans Hinrich Molt is killed in a hunting accident.
- 1957: The water mill is shut down and the service of the public house is extended.
- 1965: The former room of the mill is altered to a hall and the silo is turned into guest rooms.
- 1968: The bakehouse is pulled down.
- 1972: The hotel Strengliner Mühle is now run by Hans and Lisa Molt.
- 1989: The barn is turned into a guesthouse with 13 comfortable hotel rooms.
- 1994: A second guesthouse is being built. 16 modern hotel rooms and a conference-area are added.
- 1999: The barn is given its original appearance and is thatched again.
- 2000: In spring the leisure area with swimming pool, sauna, steam bath, infrared sauna and tanning beds is opened on a space of about 250m².
2007: A genuine Swedish wooden house is built in the middle of the village Strenglin. A very nice holiday apartment and two double rooms with kitchenette are situated there.
- 2007: Our mill pond is rearranged and an islet is added.
- 2009: Our mill pond is renatured and a new terrace directly at the water is arranged.
Constant renovations and modernizations result in annual changes and alterations. The Molt family still cultivates its own farmland and fish ponds besides running a modern hotel. The Molt family – that are four generations all making their contribution to the family business.